Here we have shared the files to download and install Stock Firmware on H96 Max Plus TV Box which is powered by Rockchip RK3328 processor. H96 Max Plus TV Box comes packed with Android 8.1 Oreo firmware with 4GB DDR4 RAM and 64GB ROM. The device brings with support for Netflix and Youtube with HD and 4K resolution, and 2.4G Dual Band WiFi. If you are looking for H96 Max Plus TV Box Stock Firmware, then you are in the right place.
Don't worry, you know sometimes things do not go too well with Android Box TV. One of the easiest and quick fixes for most of the issues on the Android Box TV is just installing Stock ROM on H96 Max Plus TV Box. So, today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Install H96 Max Plus TV Box Stock Firmware. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. Should we?
Advantages of Installing Stock ROM
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your H96 Max Plus TV Box:
- You can unbrick your bricked device.
- Fix the boot loop issue by installing the Stock ROM.
- To upgrade or downgrade.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
Package Name: H96 MAX+ 4+64GB 20181008
Device Model: H96 Max Plus TV Box
File Size: 828 MB
Processor: Rockchip RK3328 CPU
Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
Build Number: RK3328_H96_MAX+_HS2734_8.1.0_20181008.2210.img
So, now let us move on to the H96 Max Plus TV Box Stock Firmware section. Should we?
|H96 Max Plus TV Box 4GB + 64GB Variant
|Download | Mirror
|H96 Max Plus TV Box 4GB + 32GB Variant
|Download | Mirror
|Download | Mirror
|Download | Mirror
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on H96 Max Plus TV Box
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware for H96 Max Plus TV Box, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can proceed to Instructions to Install H96 Max Plus TV Box Stock ROM.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock Firmware on H96 Max Plus TV Box :
How to Install the Firmware Update on Android TV Box with Rockchip SoC
In this post, we will tell you how to install the firmware update on Android TV Box that runs on the Rockchip processor. There are various ways to do it. You can use some specified tools to perform this installation. Also, you can flash the firmware using a single micro SD card. There is another way where you have to make use of the computer along with the flash tool.
How To Install Firmware update on Android TV Box
There are various ways to do it and we will cover each of that.
Flash Firmware With IMG File And A SD Card
Before beginning, make sure that you have an idea about what modifications you are doing. Follow the steps carefully.
Note: GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricked devices.
In this method, we have a single file with .img extension that we need to flash and we don’t need to connect the TV-Box to a PC.
- Download drivers Rockchip create upgrade disk tool v1.4
- A PC/Laptop
- MicroSD or SD card reader
- SD card formatted in FAT32
- If the method does not work with one card try another one
- You always have to run the program as ADMINISTRATOR
Preparing the SD card to update TV-Box with SoC Rockchip
- Unzip the Rockchip Create Upgrade file
- Locate where you have the firmware file in * .img format
- We start the Rockchip Create Upgrade program as the ADMINISTRATOR (right-click on “SD_Firmware_Tool.exe”)
In the program we select:
– Drive where we have connected the SD card
– Activate the SD BOOT option in the program menu
– The path where we have the IMG file
- Press the RESTORE button and the process of creating the SD card will start, it may take several minutes.
- With the TV-Box turned off to introduce the SD card.
- Keep the reset button pressed and without releasing it we connect the TV-Box to the electricity to boot it.
- Automatically the update process will start and we have to wait as it finishes.
- To the terminal, the process removes the SD card.
- We recommend doing a factory reset when Android boot: Settings> Backup> Reset.
FLASH FIRMWARE WITH IMG FILE USING A PC
In this process, we have a single file with .img extension and in this case, you need to connect the TV-Box to a PC.
Connection to TV
- Each TV-Box has a specific PC connection port.
So, you have to test the flash process with all ports, USB, micro USB or USB Type-C.
- If your PC does not detect the TV-Box we recommend using another PC.
- You may have problems with PC if you have previously installed another program to update an Android mobile phone or other similar devices.
Installing Rockchip Drivers
- Start the program for the Rockchip Drivers “driverinstall.exe” (execute like Administrator with the right button of the mouse in Windows), press in Install
- In the Windows security message click on Install
- Close the Drivers program
- Reboot the PC.
Update Procedure for a TV-Box with RK Batch Tool
- Disconnect the power cord on the Rockchip TV-Box
- Start the program RK Batch Tool with the “RKBatchTool.exe“
- Click on the Firmware button “…”
- Select the Firmware file with the extension “. img “and will be loaded on the screen.
- Hold the reset button on the device and connect with a cable from a USB of our TV-Box to a USB port on our PC (* See the previous connection notes if we have questions)
- The update program will detect the device almost instantly in one USB position (In the TV-Box we will have the black screen if it enters the recovery is NOT correct)
- Select the RESTORE option and begin the update process.
- When finished, a green message will appear.
- Wait for the system to restart and show us the Android desktop, this can take about 5 to 10 minutes.
Update using a PC for TV-Box with Factory Tool
- Disconnect the Rockchip device from the power and run Factory tool
- First, we upload the firmware in IMG format and change to Restore mode.
- Hold the reset button on the device and connect with a cable from a USB of our TV-Box to a USB port on our PC.
- The update program will detect the device almost instantly in one USB position
- Click on the RUN button, at the end, it will give us OK.
- Wait for the system to restart and show us the Android desktop, this can take from 5 to 10 minutes approximately.
Update using a PC for TV-Box with RKDevTool
- Disconnect the Rockchip device from the power and run RKDevtool executing AndroidTool.exe.
- Change to the Upgrade Firmware section.
- First, browse and select the firmware with *.img file.
- Hold the reset button on the device and connect with a cable from a USB of our TV-Box to a USB port on our PC
- The update program will detect the device (In the TV-Box we will see the black screen if it enters the recovery is NOT correct).
- Press the Upgrade button and wait as the update takes place..
Update Only With Zip File
In the final method, we have a single file with the .zip extension and there is no need of connecting the TV-Box to a PC.
- Copy in the root of our SD or USB the .zip file of the update (depends on the TV-Box one or the other is used, try both)
- From the Android system of our TV-Box, we go to Settings, depending on the model we have one option or another, examples:
– Application update in the list of apps
– Settings> About the device> Update
– Some TV-Box with the Zip in the root of the SD or USB with the flash button pressed when starting to take the update
- When you ask for the zip file, we select it and click on load
- The update process will begin on the restart.
- Once finished we recommend doing a factory reset inside Settings> Backup.
So, these were all the various methods that you can use to install the firmware update on Android TV Box. We hope this guide was helpful to you.