The difference between Android phone development and set-top box development (hardware perspective)
1, the hardware configuration is different, the development of the application will be different.
Different hardware configurations lead to differences in developed applications
The configuration of the mobile phone and the configuration of the set-top box are still different. The configuration of the set-top box is obviously higher than that of the mobile phone, such as cpu, memory, and storage device (flash). So applications or games based on high performance can be applied to TV.
1) Hardware acceleration device
For example, 3d games, our ordinary is only based on software acceleration technology opengl es. However, it is very likely that there will be hardware acceleration for the set-top box, so many highly demanding 3D games can be implemented on the set-top box. The hardware-accelerated 3d animation will be very smooth.
2) For many applications with high computing and processing capabilities, it is also successfully implemented on the set-top box.
If you want to use anti-virus software for the engine, the process of anti-virus should consume hardware resources very much. It is very important to consider the resource utilization problem when designing an anti-virus software on the mobile phone. It is to define a variable and also consider whether to re-initialize one; You don't have to think about it on the set-top box, you can put your energy into the resource utilization, but put it into the function implementation and business logic.
2, the set-top box's scalability is significantly higher than the mobile phone
On the phone, the hardware may be fixed. What kind of hardware is when it leaves the factory? Basically it looks like (of course you can diy the hardcore player); but the set-top box can expand the port a lot: hdmi interface, usb interface, rj45 ( Network cable interface), sd card interface, you can expand a lot of devices, you can develop more applications than mobile phones. For example, the hdmi I want to develop for video and voice signal related applications can only use set-top boxes (now only a handful of mobile phones have hdmi interfaces); to develop wired-connected Ethernet-related applications, only set-top boxes can be used as hardware platforms. Of course, set-top boxes can expand hardware like printers, cameras, infrared, Bluetooth, wifi, and more. As long as you want to implement the relevant hardware application, you only need to expand the hardware, which is very convenient and flexible.
3 triple play
In the future, the integration of the three networks will greatly promote the development of the set-top box. The bandwidth should be the TV cable after the triple-play convergence. The network bandwidth will be very high, and the bandwidth of the household may be several hundred megabytes or even several gigabytes. I believe that most of the applications developed by developers in the future are inseparable from the network. If there is such a high bandwidth as TV, it is a great temptation for web application developers. High-definition video calls were so easy to do at that time.
4. Input method Because the set-top box is using the remote control, typing is very inconvenient, which makes many softwares inconvenient to use on the set-top box, such as browsers, etc.
5. Network access method: Both support WIFI connection, in addition, the set-top box can have Ethernet connection, and the mobile phone has 2G 3G 4G connection.
6. SD card: The set-top box does not support the external SDK card, but can be connected to the USB device.
7. Mobility: There is nothing to say about this,
8. The software with or without the ActionBar set-top box is mostly full-screen, there is no ActionBar, there is no navigation bar (the row of virtual buttons at the bottom of the phone), and some have no status bar. And the ActionBar style of the phone is much more.
9. Menu key response Since most of the set-top boxes are full-screen, when the menu button is responded, the dialog box pops up and popWindow is displayed.
10. Image output mode The mobile phone is displayed by the display screen, and the display size of the set top box is related to the TV set. The set-top box can have AV output and HDMI (High Definition) output. We have to find a TV set for debugging.
11. Directionality Mobile phone and horizontal screen display with vertical screen, set-top box only has horizontal screen, this is simple to develop set-top box
12. Recommended things Mobile phones can generally pop up games, application ads, and set-top boxes recommended shopping, video a little more
13. Uses Set-top boxes are mainly used to watch TV, download a shopping platform, direct online shopping feels relatively cool
The mobile phone is mainly used for making calls, entertainment, etc. This leads to a significant difference between the type of the set-top box and the mobile phone's APK.
14. Physical Keys There are very few physical devices on the set-top box. In addition to the necessary physical devices (CPU, memory, wireless module, built-in SD card, PMU) for the Android system, there is also an infrared receiver, AV interface, and HDMI interface. Network cable interface, USB interface, power switch, Bluetooth.
And the devices on the mobile phone are more like: touch screen (affecting the operation method, virtual button), display (affecting the display, seriously affecting power consumption), some physical buttons (POWER, V+, V-), communication module (communication , access to the network), MIC (recording), gravity sensor (affects horizontal and vertical screen, gravity judgment), gyroscope (angular speed), photoreceptor (induction of external light to adapt to the phone screen), camera (set-top box can be external USB The camera can take pictures, MM self-timer), battery (some applications can close some functions or hardware devices according to the current power), Bluetooth (short-distance transmission of files and communication, but the reality WIIF can basically be achieved)
15. The keys of the button set-top box are all on the remote control. There are more digital buttons and some special buttons than the mobile phone (each button corresponds to one function, generally it is paired with the remote control when leaving the factory, application development does not care), the mobile phone must The virtual buttons HOME, BACK, MENU have some ribbed search keys, physical buttons power, V+ V-. According to this set-top box development, you can use the number keys to see some special things.
16. Notification Bar The status bar of the set-top box is used less, usually not partially hidden, can be popped up through specific controls.
17. The main interface Launcher is very different, we have a relationship with the set-top box, there is no widget (WIDGET)
18. The use of widgets The set-top box can not basically use WIDget, because the focus is difficult to handle, even if displayed in the main interface, the widget can not be used normally, the basic response can not be OK
19. Power consumption The set-top box does not remember the amount of electricity used.
Copyright statement: This article is the original article of the blogger, please attach the blog post link!