At present, Amlogic S905X2 and Rockchip RK3328 products have been put into the production stage, equipped with Android 8.1 system, the products are mainly used in intelligent network set-top boxes.
Next, we will bring you Ruixin RK3328 and Jingchen S905X2 chips for comparison evaluation, so that everyone can have more clear understanding of their performance and differences, and then provide some guidance for everyone when purchasing a network set-top box. .
First look at the Amlogic S905X2 product:
With the full upgrade of Amlogic chips, most users pay attention to the latest products of the 2018 Amlogic chip. He has low power consumption characteristics, so he has the characteristics of low temperature during use, so he has the title of Jazz. , low-key and connotation.
The Amlogic S905X2 is an updated version of the S905X with a new manufacturing process and a mysterious dual-core Dvalin GPU:
• CPU - Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 Processor
• GPU-Dvalin MP2
• Video - Advanced HEVC, VP9 Decoder; H.264, H.265 Encoder
• HDR - Dolby Vision, HDR10 +
• Ultra low power consumption
Amlogic's next-generation SOCs are based on a 12nm process technology for lower power consumption and higher performance. Currently equipped with Amlogic S905X2 H96 Max X2 has entered the mass production stage, using Android 8.1 system, making the TV box more optimized, more stable and smooth!
Crystal morning Amlogic S905X2 H96 Max X2 TV box is equipped with USB3.0 interface, USB3.0 compared to USB2.0, whether it is written or read, the speed is nearly 3 times that of USB2.0, which can eliminate the waste of power and improve transmission speed.
H96MAX X2 is designed as a gentleman, leisurely, simple and concealed with high content, mirror black, metal trim, mirror text to enhance the overall beauty of the product, is the essence of the product chip characteristics
Let's look at the products of the RK3328 solution.
H96 MAX+ has always been the No. 1 in high-end product customer preference in 2018. It is one of the successful masterpieces of the Rockchip program.
RK3328 is the earliest chip of Android Core 8.0 system. This product is mainly for the home video market. It has remarkable video decoding capability, supports 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 video decoding, and supports voice assistant for easy operation. H96 Max+ RK3328 is a current cost-effective box.
Rockchip Micro Rockchip RK3328 H96 Max+ tv box is equipped with USB3.0 interface. Compared with USB2.0, USB3.0 is three times faster than USB2.0, and the data transfer speed is faster. The USB3.0 and 100M network configurations have increased the transmission speed by nearly 3 times. While ensuring real-time and smooth transmission of 4K image quality, it also provides more possibilities for terminal devices using the RK3328 solution.
As a high-end processor chip, the Rockchip RK3328 is equipped with excellent hardware performance (supporting 100M network and USB3.0), as well as 4K, HDR and other video decoding capabilities (fast running speed, playback quality) We are deeply impressed by the clarity and smoothness of the playback function.
To sum up:
1. Overall, the characteristics of the two chip products are similar, quad-core CPU, USB3.0 traits, 4K decoding!
2. From the hardware advantage, S905X2H96 max x2 adopts LPDDR4, a new generation of low-power memory standard. Compared with LPDDR3, LPDDR4 can bring up to 50% performance improvement;
However, the decoding ability of the RK3328 H96 max+ is unmatched, and it also gives users a great experience.
3. Or compare from the price, the price of S905X2 is slightly higher under the same configuration.
4. The products of the two solution chips belong to the products of the same level. The performance price and characteristics are similar. The preference is based on the number of fans of the two-chip products and the preference for the shape.