Amlogic S905X4 is another successor to the already popular Amlogic S905X3 chipset. What features has S905X4 SoC, what are the differences between S905X3 SoC and S905X4 SoC you will find below. By the way, you can get acquainted with the new Android TV Boxes based on S905X4 SoC, prepared by H96 TV BOX manufacturer.
Amlogic S905X4 SoC Overview Features
S905X4 chipset is an advanced application processor with support for the royalty-free AV1 video codec, specially designed for OTT/IPTV/Hybrid Set-Top Box (STB) and high-end media box applications. Amlogic S905X4 integrates a powerful CPU/GPU subsystem, a secured 4K video codec engine, and an HDR image processing pipeline with all major peripherals to form the ultimate low power multimedia AP.( S905x4 android tv box Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/osFK3r9fnF0)
Features that can be found in S905X4 SoC:
- 2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM® Cortex™ A55 CPU
- Supports OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan1.1, and OpenCL2.0
- AV1 video codec up to [email protected]
- VAD, ASRC/EQ/DRC, 2xHiFi4 Acoustic/Audio DSP
As you will see in the table below both Amlogic’s SoCs are powerful chipsets featuring four Arm Cortex-A55 cores that have 15% to 20% performance improvement and simultaneously lower power consumption when using Android apps, navigating the UI and other day-to-day tasks than Cortex A53.
After understanding the Amlogic s905x4 related features, H96 previously released S905X and s905x2 related products, but now the hot selling are s905x2 and s905x3. We discussed s905x3 vs s905x2, and many people are still doubtful about the difference between s905x4 and S905X3.
Amlogic S905X3 vs S905X4
As you can see, there is not much difference between Amlogic S905X3 and S905X4 in terms of the TV box performance. Which one you should choose? It depends on your requirements and budget.
S905X4 and AV1 Video Codecs
As you noticed in the table for S905X4 there is an information that supports 4Kp120 10bit: AV1 codec. AV1 video codecs that are said to be capable of boosting video efficiency by 20% or more than HEVC, and saving 30% more bandwidth efficiency compared to H.265 or VP9. Currently, the AV1 technology already has the support of many streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube.
H96 released a new TV Boxes with S905X4 SoC in 2020
As we mentioned, The brand of H96 is Haochuangyi company (Shenzhen Haochuangyi Technology Co., Ltd.) has prepared two OTT Boxes. Haochuangyi comapny is one of the well-known TV Box manufacturers, but not only. H96 also is a provider of dedicated solutions for cable operators and content aggregators to expand their business in the filed of domestic and overseas telecom, broadcasting, hotel, hospital, school, residential and other industries etc. Below more details.
H96`s S905X4 has integrated the AV1 open-source codec, which is said to reduce 4K bandwidth requirements by around 20% in comparison to current proprietary HEVC devices. The Andriod TV box also features WiFi 6, and runs Android TV 10.0 OS. TV Box also supports 4K Ultra HD resolution, along with HDR 10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. Contact H96 for more.
H96 Android 10 tv smart box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X4 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G31MP2 supporting OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL 2.0
- SMemory – 2GB DDR memory (options: 1GB or 4GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB), MicroSD card slot
- Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60+Hz with CEC & HDCP2.2, AV output with composite video
- Input – HMDI input (TBC)
- Audio – Analog stereo audio via AV output, digital audio via HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- AV1 up to 4K @ 120 fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 up to 4K @ 75fps
- VP9 up to 4K @ 75fps
- AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 75fps
- H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30fps
- MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10,
- HDR – HDR 10, HLG, PRIME HDR, TCH PRIME, options HDR10+, optional Dolby Vision
- DRM – Google Widevine & Microsoft PlayReady; options: Verimatrix, Irdeto MSR2.2, Nagra TKL
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (optional Gigabit Ethernet), Wi-Fi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MiMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button; Power, IR & Network LEDs; IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 120 x 120 x 28mm
More on the product page.